Labels

Friday, July 6, 2012

Blue Man

Blue Man Group has a permanent show in Boston, so I finally got around to checking it out. After asking a thousand people to describe it to me, here are the choice things that were in my mind going in: 
"It's like really clever mime"
"It's like a music and light show...with blue men"
"I think they're aliens"
"It's funny...?"

My takeaway--It's a show about aliens trying to make you laugh, make you cringe, and make you dance around in your seat a little! There were a bunch of short scenes that made fun of modern techno-culture, obesity, and the general oddities of human civilization. Mixed in, there was some fun paint-covered drum interludes and even some science, but the grand finale was having giant bouncey balls fall from the ceiling and being draped in streamers from head to toe along with the rest of the audience. I really recommend it as a staple of the Boston interactive-theater scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment