Labels

Friday, July 6, 2012

Bi Bim Bap

In an effort to get some ethnic flavors out of my limited pantry, I worked up a variation of the traditional Korean dish, Bi Bim Bap--which usually looks something like this: 
It's served in a hot clay pot, and usually includes rice, ground beef, pickled seaweed or cucumber, sprouts, a fried egg, and then kimchi-style add ons (that is, pickled veggies ranging from mild to super spicy!). It's really delicious and really healthy to boot! I was having a craving, so I did what I could. Threw together some brown rice, cooked lean grount turkey, summer squash, and a fried egg with some teryaki sauce. It was to Korean what Tex-Mex is to Mexican food, but it was tasty, delicious, and satisfying, so I'm going to go ahead and call it a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment