Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Self Indulgence


 
A staple event in dining hall life is "Sunday Sundaes," the ice cream sundae bar. I try to keep my dessert eating contained to special events, and as far as dining hall food goes, this qualifies. The result? I tend to get caught having seconds...and thirds of ice cream + toppings + hot chocolate sauce. guilt ensues. Having dealt with undereating and restrictive eating in my past, over-indulgence comes with a bit of history for me. Moderation is a little tough for me to handle at times, and that goes in both directions--eating too much or eating too little. My gut tells me that food shouldn't be quite so complicated, and that's what I'm trying to go with from here. 

I found this website: http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/08/26/7-helpful-tips-to-stop-binge-eating/ pretty helpful with tips to avoid overeating but not punishing yourself for thinking of sweets as a reward or something fun every once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment